THE LUDLOW HOTEL
- Establish a high-quality social media presence for the hotel, with a brand-first approach which closely follows and accurately represents the guest experience, the property’s style, and the brand’s connection to its neighborhood.
- Build awareness around the hotel’s newly created social media channels and grow the audience from the ground up.
- Drive direct bookings via the hotel’s home page, shifting bookings away from online travel agencies.
- Highlight the guest experience using a mix of owned and user-generated visual content.
- Avoid a cookie-cutter approach to the hotel’s content and voice, focusing on the core customer demographics and the lifestyles they represent.
The property is rooted in the history of the Lower East Side: creative, disruptive, effortlessly cool, rough around the edges, and utterly unique. The hotel brand reflects these traits in every way, challenging the status quo with an experience designed to leave an impression.
The people who frequent the Lower East Side tend to be creative, social, often fashionforward, and keen to discover experiences that set them apart from the norm. We aimed to highlight the artful grittiness of the property in a way that spoke directly to these qualities.
Outside of architectural photography, the hotel had no visual content available. An integral element of our strategy was to establish a bank of social media-friendly images, capturing images of each element of the guest experience, including the surrounding neighborhood.
A breakdown of how each social media channel was used to benefit the brand.
We utilized Facebook’s robust Ads Manager platform to target appropriate audiences and potential hotel guests with content from the hotel.
We inserted a Facebook Pixel on the hotel’s website, which was used to retarget ads to website visitors, especially those who had visited the site but not yet booked a room.
We posted a mix of content, rotating between photos, videos, user-generated content, press features, reviews/blogs mentioning the hotel, and neighborhood-specific content relevant to the audience and catered to their interests when visiting NYC.
We built a Messenger Chat Bot to interact with users who engaged with the Facebook Page and answer commonly asked questions about the hotel, guiding them through a series of prompts which displayed the different room types and encouraged booking.
Average Daily Impressions: 5.9K
Average Daily Reach: 3.8K
Organic Impressions: 838.3K
Total Engagements: 106,837
Engagement Rate (per impression): 4.9%
Average Daily Impressions: 53.7K
Average Daily Reach: 1.9K
Total Engagements: 72,557
Engagement Rate (per impression): 5.4%
Average Daily Impressions: 1.1K
Engagement Rate (per impression): 2.1%
Total Engagements: 7,664
Engagement Rate (per impression): 3.3%
The hotel’s Instagram account took off quickly, with the focus on high-res, stylized photography helping to achieve viral reach and rapid growth. Facebook and Twitter grew at a slower pace, though both with very high engagement rates for their respective audience size.
Total Followers after Year One: 4,014
Total Followers after Year One: 19,464
Total Followers after Year One: 2,378
Get in touch!
Contact us using the form below.
Sign Up for our Killer Insights Newsletter!
Enter your email to receive industry tips.