What is a traffic ad?
The objective of a traffic ad is to drive users to a website.
To begin, you will need a Facebook Business Manager Account. To set one up, click here.
Why should you run a traffic ad on Facebook?
To start, Facebook has an estimated number of 1.39 million active users per month. And those users spend a lot of time on Facebook, averaging about 40 minutes per user per day. The cost of running ads on Facebook is relatively lower than other advertising platforms. The average cost per click (CPC) for Facebook ads is $1.72.
There are 5 key components to building your Facebook traffic ad…
- The Campaign: Define the overarching purpose and budget of your ad campaign
- Ad Set: Decide who you’re targeting and where they’re going to see your ads
- Ads: Create the ad itself – what users will see (photos, videos, captions, etc.)
- Ad Congruency: Ensure that your ad sends users to a landing page that directly relates to the ad itself
- Tracking: Once your ad is running, you will want to track the performance regularly
How to set up an EFFECTIVE traffic ad?
With so many active users on Facebook, targeting is the key to a successful ad. In most cases, you don’t want your audience to be too broad or too specific. Take some time to get to know your ideal customer:
- Who are they?
- Where do they live?
- How old are they?
- What do they do?
- What is their status?
- Where do they shop?
- What do they care about?
Once you have your targeting built, it’s time to create your ad. It is important to note that 8 out of 10 people will read your headline, but only 2 out of 10 people will read further. Because of this, it is of utmost importance that your headlines are short and impactful.
Download your step-by-step guide on how to set up your effective traffic ad now!